Friday, December 17, 2010

Piano 101 Merry Christmas



.What you do when you're snowed-in in the middle of nowhere, Montana. I'm on square one, learning the keyboard. Check back in the spring, by then, why, I'll be Jerry Lee Lewis incarnate.


This blog video screen truncates the video left and right sides. To view the full screen version (both hands playing): first click to start the video, once the video starts, click anywhere on the video again. This will link you directly to you tube where you will see the right hand play the keys as well.

Speaking of hands, a few minutes before I shot this video, I was under my pick-up truck installing an oil pan heater. I was performing the surgery lying on my back on ice and snow with an outside temperature of 15 degrees in the dark (using my, when it feels like working, flashlight). I perfunctorily washed my hands/nails which were smuged with dirty grease (as opposed to clean grease) and went streight to the piano for this recital. WHY? because Sara wanted it done NOW!...Yesum, Miss Scarlet".

2 comments:

  1. George, you play really, really well! Joyce and I enjoyed this a whole lot, and you're definitely not on square one. Are you working on Jerry Lee Lewis' take on "TN Waltz"?

    By the way, How did you (Sara?) take that video with sound and download it to Utube? I'm interested in this because I might try one to help market my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,
    I'll be in Idaho for a few days. I'll be back later this week & will snail mail you the info.

    I'm working on becoming a Jerry Lee Lewis wanna be. Am I working on JLL's "TN Waltz"?...yup.

    The Lacy J. Dalton's "16th Ave.", is not a good song, it's a great song. I'm going to buy it on iTunes, now.
    Glad you & Joyce enjoyed my piano recital.

    ReplyDelete